Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thought Provoking Book

I am loving this book. Anita, I found your questions very interesting. My feelings at this point is that something went very wrong with the parenting process. I wonder if Ann would feel the way she does if she felt loved by her parents? I don't think her mother, Sara, is emotionally invested with Jesse and Ann. She has put all her energy into her sick child at the cost of the other children. Their wants and needs are secondary to that of Kate's. Kate's needs are overwhelming and all consuming.


That being said, I can also relate to the mother. I know when you have a sick child in pain, and you have to watch the suffering, everything else in life seems trivial. You just don't have the emotional energy to deal with a lot, especially the needs of the other kids that seem insignificant compared to Kate's needs and struggles. The mother is living in overdrive. She is just trying to make it through each day, trying to cope and deal with what has been doled out to her.

Well, these are my thoughts at this point in the book. They may change as I get further in the book.

Carla

No comments: