Monday, April 30, 2007

Almost Done

I find that the characters that I am drawn to the most are Jesse and the father. I find Anna to be a bit too narrow-minded, the mother a bit too one-sided, and Kate a bit too out of it. The story of Cambell and Julia is just so sappy and seems forced. It seems like the author wanted the reader to know that Cambell was a pretentious lawyer, but needed to throw in an old love story to balance him out.
Now back to Jesse and the father. My favorite part of the book is when Brian just embraces Jesse and realizes, despite Jesse's outward rejection, that they are one in the same. Brian and Jesse both fight the flames (Family Problems) and each use fire as a way to have some control. I really like Brian and find that he doesn't always react in the way that he is probably supposed to. I really feel sorry for Jesse. In a way, he is sicker than Kate.
Overall, the book is enjoyable and I am eager to finish. Any ideas for June book?

No comments: