Sunday, March 18, 2007

If You've Finished The Book Read On...

"No one spoke. Phoebe was gazing at Paul, and after a long moment she reached across the space between them and touched his cheek, lightly, gently, as if to see if he was real. Paul nodded without speaking, looking at her gravely; her gesture seemed right to him, somehow. Phoebe wanted to know him, that was all. He wanted to know her too, but he had no idea what to say to her ..."(page 386).

Loved this part in the book as I think it is a great parallel to The History Of Love. A deep connection to the human experinece without fully comprehending the how or why, just understanding that it exists. This passage reminds me of a connection I share with my brother, Danny. Sometimes, I will hug him and I have this feeling of warmth and safety. No matter what happens I know that he is there for me, to support me.

Finally, Phoebe meets her brother.

I'm ready for the next book. I wish more of us would write on the blog because I love to read it. So, I am going to keep going.

xoxoxoxoxo, Amy

No comments: