Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Little Moments

I've been reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter and I am really enjoying it. But...I keep thinking about The History of Love. I keep thinking of those little moments that I talked about before. Moments like Leo forgetting to put on his underwear, his spongebaths, and when he bought his suit for his son's funeral. I can't exactly say why, but reading that book and hobbling around with my knee has really, really made me think and connect to Grandma Lalonde. I am sure it has something to do with Urban passing. The book made everyday moments really beautiful. And I liked Leo more than Alma. Alma's mother kind of irritated me and her brother fascinated me. I liked her Uncle too. I loved the part of the book where Alma makes up things about her Dad to keep him close to Bird. But none of the quirkiness of that story line compared to that of Leo, which is odd due to the author being a woman. If I were to compare this book to a movie of similar tone it would be As Good As It Gets. Did anyone else have the same connection?/Users/jeffgurich/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2007/01/02/DSCF0028.JPG

No comments: